Monday, August 20, 2007

My Family


Here is the most recent picture of my family. My mom came up for a visit last month from Oregon, and we all went down to Coeur d'Alene Lake in Idaho. It is about a 3 hour drive from our home in Northeast Washington state. We hadn't been there for several years and had forgotten how beautiful it was. They have really developed the area for tourism. Mom took our family out for a 2 hour cruise around the lake and we all thoroughly enjoyed it! We even saw the "Home of the Floating Green" at The Coeur d'Alene Resort Golf Course. I called my brother Kenny and told him we had to play golf there someday.

Point of trivia...

Thomas Kinkade, the painter of light, is developing a new community, called "The Gates of Coeur d'Alene." This will transform Thomas Kinkade paintings into a master-planned neighborhood that evokes the nostalgic images of Thomas Kinkade artwork in a setting of privacy and tranquility overlooking the world famous Lake Coeur d'Alene, located in northern Idaho. To see his website go to: http://www.gatescda.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun and bet it was nice having your Mom there. The last picture you posted was a background on one of my pc's in the past. Thanks for sharing Troy and love you all....Vickie

Destiny said...

That is a really cute picture of your family!!!
-Destiny

Dottie, Grandma Dot or Mom said...

Troy,

I guess I hadn't seen your blog in a while or if I knew about it. I wonder who took that great family picture??? I am sure happy about having grandchild #30. Man are we blessed or what? I wonder who the Mommy and Daddy are??? Don't tell since you know.

Love,

Mom

Ginger said...

Troy great post. I love the family picture, reading about the boat ride tour and Thomas Kinkade. I love his paintings and go into his galleries all the time. Heather is a great fan of his too. Wow when we come up to visit you in Washington we definitely will have to see the Coeur d'Alene Lake in Idaho on the way up. Love you all and miss you. Aunt Ginger